Communications and Media (USA)
Effective SpinCo Program Management
A global leader in communications decided to spin-off their rural landlines and transfer 4.8 million phone lines and supporting wireline operations across 14 states to SpinCo, which merged with another communications company.
- Needed to integrate 4,000+ servers, 500+ systems and 500+ applications and supporting infrastructures into two centralized, redundant data centers without impacting the current business.
- At closing, high-availability was required with 99.99% availability for all systems.
- Successfully migrated and tested applications in accordance with the transaction timeline and criteria.
- Ensured compliance with all FCC and regulatory commission requirements and schedules, and provided the supporting documentation.
- Delivered measurable improvements in operations and production support through efficiencies identified and addressed during the project.
Set up a project management office (PMO) to track and monitor progress for the business divesture, which included:
- Overall project management
- Operations and architecture management
- End-to-end test management.