Communications and Media (Global)
Reduced operating and capital expenditures
Due to several mergers and acquisitions over a 5-year period, this organization grew rapidly to 14 data centers with thousands of servers to manage. Without disrupting day-to-day operations, they needed to:
- Consolidate the data centers
- Grow the capacity to meet demand
- Manage total program cost
- Accelerate the increase of available data center capacity through facility upgrades and technology refresh infrastructure optimization.
- Reduce operating and capital expenditures through data center consolidation and server virtualization.
- Increased control for IT with a simplified data center architecture.
- Provided resources to lead the Program Management Office (PMO) project. The team managed a 5-year, $450 million dollar data center consolidation/virtualization program.
- Built a consolidation roadmap to meet business requirements and financial constraints.
- Identified and optimized key operational processes required to support the overall data center execution and corresponding run functions.